School Management Committee
School Management Committee is subject to the relevant provision in the Education Act of the State/UT concerned, every affiliated school should have a scheme of management approved by the Board. It should also have a School Management Committee as stipulated in Section 21 (1) of RTE Act 2009 and as per provisions of Chapter 8 of revamped Affiliation Bye-Laws 2018.
Subject to the overall control of the Society/Trust/ Company the duties, powers and responsibilities of the School Management Committee shall include but not limited to the following:
- It shall supervise the activities of the school for its smooth functioning.
- It will work according to the specific directions given by the Society/Trust/Company regarding admission policy. However, it shall ensure that admissions are made as per merit without discretion of gender, disability, religion, race, caste, creed and place of birth etc. strictly as per state policy.
- It shall look into the welfare of the teachers and employees of the school.
- It shall evolve both short-term and long-term plans for the improvement of the school.
- It shall make the appointment of teachers and non-teaching staff.
- It shall exercise financial powers beyond those delegated to the Principal within the budgetary provisions of the school.
- It shall take stock of academic programs and progress of the school without jeopardizing the academic freedom of the Principal.
- It shall guide the Principal in school management.
- It shall ensure that the norms given in the Acts/Rules of the State/UT and the CBSE regarding terms and conditions of service and other rules governing recognition/affiliation of the school are strictly adhered to.
- It shall ensure that no financial irregularity is committed and no irregular procedure concerning admission/examinations is adopted.
- It shall review the budget of the school presented by the Principal and forward the same to Society/Trust/Company for approval.
- It shall ensure the safety and security of children and staff of the school and give directions for improvement.
- It shall look into grievances of the teachers and staff in connection with their service conditions and pay etc. and dispose of such grievances under applicable rules.
- The School Management Committee will meet at least twice in an academic session.